Saturday, January 9, 2010

Karma Yoga

Karma is the concept of what goes around comes around.  It's a core aspect of yoga, and many studios in my area offer Karma Classes, which are complimentary or donation-only classes.   

Today, feeling crummy and weighted down, I knew that a yoga class was a critical antidote.*  I felt drawn to a heated Karma class, and while coming down off the high of it, totally revived and alive, I am also inspired to "pay it forward."  My colleague experienced a health scare and has since made a commitment to a holistic strategies including yoga to revamp her health.  I am going to ask her to keep the Insight Yoga DVD I loaned to her.  It's one of my favorites, but she needs it is right that she keep it, use it, live it.  

Thank you, Michelle, for the Karma class today.

* Why does Yoga make us feel good?  "Put simply, you feel better when you walk out of a yoga class than when you walked in.  The question is, why?  Or better yet, how does yoga work?  ... The answer is life force.  Almost all styles of hatha yoga increase prana, or life force, in your body." (Rod Styker, "Positively Prana," Yoga Journal, February 2010)

No comments:

Post a Comment